My Published Work

MY PUBLISHED WORK
Rebuilding Year Breakthrough Game Box of Cows Spirit Legends Anthology Fantasy Paranormal Anthology - I

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Jennet; with legs tucked up

I’ll be honest, I should have done the Jennet earlier or maybe later. I’ve mentioned the Jennet a few times. This is a small European war horse and to the eye it looks a lot like the Baroque horses. This horse is gated and is often spotted. 





 


The Jennet (both modern and medieval) is known as a comfortable ride and it was great for riding distances and as a fast small cavalry and lancer horse. These horses were ridden with shorter stirrups legs tucked up “à la jineta” or Jennet.


 



The modern breeds that was most like the medieval breed are the modern Spanish Jennet and the Paso breeds, the Peruvian Paso and the Paso Fino.



Here is a modern Jennet doing his Paso Fino.



Here is a class of Paso Finos doing their fine gate. 





No comments:

Post a Comment